In Episode 118 of Fintech Chatter Dexter Cousins is joined by Lisa Virgo, Chief People Officer at Tic:Toc Homeloans. They talk about the huge benefits of having People and Culture on the founding team.
Tic:Toc, is a platform Fintech company based in Adelaide, South Australia - with a growing presence in Sydney. Founded in 2015, but launched to the public in July 2017, Tic:Toc offers automated digital home loans to consumers while selling its automation technology to other lending businesses.
Lisa has been emersed in the journey of Tic:Toc from the early days, from a start-up with 9 employees to scaling the headcount of approximately 130 employees.
Dexter talks to Lisa about the lessons they have learned along the way, including:
- How P&C delivers the growth strategy for the CEO/Founder
- The importance of values from day one
- How Tic:Toc have managed remote working
- Avoiding the growing pains
- Setting principles around salaries and remuneration
- Attracting great talent when you don't have much money or a recognised brand
- Not using job descriptions
- Getting rid of performance reviews
- Overcoming talent shortages by identifying and developing people with potential
There's some incredible advice in this podcast delivered in a very honest and candid way, which will hopefully resonate with many founders and Fintech leaders.
A favour to ask
Fintech Chatter is free of sponsors and will always be free content. Please help us promote the show by
Thanks for your support.
Founded by Dexter Cousins in 2016, Tier One People is on a mission to help Australia become the world leader in Fintech innovation.
Tier One People helps companies like Revolut, TrueLayer and 10x build founding teams for launch in Australia.
And series A+ / ASX Listed Aussie Fintech like Lendi, Afterpay and 86 400 hire executive talent capable of delivering growth and scale.
If you are building a world-class Fintech venture and need help in hiring tier-one people, you can reach us email@example.com