In episode 99 of Fintech Chatter Podcast we are going back to the origins of Fintech and bringing you an interview with another Aussie Fintech pioneer.
Dexter Cousins is joined by Andrew Rothwell an original co-founder and ‘chief Tyrant” of Tyro - one of the biggest disruptors and innovators of payments in Australia.
As a Jack of all trades Andrew held many roles in the business, from software engineer to finally heading up sales.
Andrew sat on various national technical committees that provided the regulation and guidance for the development of Australia's present day payment system.
Tune in as Andrew talks about:
- The Tyro journey from startup to successful exit
- Revolutionising the Australian payments system and creating an interconnected ecosystem
- Making the shift from software engineering to sales
- Being resourceful and making things happen
- When founders should make a graceful exit
- Life after a startup
- The next BIG problem Andrew wants to solve