- Reduce world poverty, make a real difference
- Oceania and South Pacific remit
- Competitive package, relocation and living expenses
Did you know that 1.7bn people do not have a bank account? The only payment method open to the unbanked is cash. As the world moves to a cashless society and digital payments how will the unbanked use their money?
One solution gaining traction across developing nations in is to offer simple banking products via mobile phones. Pilot schemes have proven highly successful with research showing a link to financial inclusion and the reduction of poverty. Our client is now bringing the solution to the South Pacific. Financial inclusion is a $600bn opportunity. It is a huge market, untapped by major banks because they do not have the infrastructure. Our client does!
Tier One People has partnered with a pioneer in mobile payments. We are retained to conduct a global search for a General Manager to lead a three-year project. Phase one, launch the business in PNG. Phase two will see you launch the business across the South Pacific region.
Funding is in place, the client has a strong footprint in the region and a blueprint for success exists. All the elements are in place for you to make an impact on world poverty.
You could call this the ‘Neil Armstrong’ position, the first person on the ground. Your mission?
- Launch the business
- Set-up operations
- Hire a world class team
- Develop sales and partnership channels
- Manage expectations of investors and the board
- Deliver results
With the support of a dynamic CEO, the goal is to deliver sales growth within the first 12 months. Once you have achieved the goal, you will adopt the same approach to expand across the region.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
This is an entrepreneurial business, hiring natural entrepreneurs. A person who can hustle, influence outcomes and knows what it takes to launch and run a startup business.
What you offer:
- Domain expertise in Mobile Payments, Payments.
- Commercial Nous: Previous experience running a PNL. You appreciate the challenges that come with running a smaller enterprise.
- A ‘must do’ attitude. Proven ability to solve complex problems and an approach that can ‘make things happen’.
- A natural leader with demonstrated ability to launch a business and make it successful.
- Integrity, respectful, courageous, fair, trustworthy.
- Resilience: Capability to get results during periods of pressure. The intuition to make tough decisions and make the right call.
- High standards: Disciplined, meticulous and creative. Responds to scrutiny in a calm and professional manner (and with the right answer).
Job Type and Category
A global career and rapid advancement is on offer to high performers. We believe this is a highly compelling opportunity for the right person.
The salary package is competitive. You will receive support with relocation, accommodation and living costs. Other benefits include a tax-free salary and lucrative incentive plan.
Express your interest to Dexter Cousins via via the apply button or connect via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/dextercousins/